Downloading a Scheduled Transaction

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Fri May 16 23:23:32 EDT 2008

On 5/16/08, Bo Garner <garnerbo at gmail.com> wrote:
> I set up a mortgage payment through the druid and have a scheduled
>  transaction for the monthly payment.  It actually creates 2 transactions,
>  one for the P&I and one for the escrow.  However, when I download my
>  statement from my bank, there is only one transaction. Therefore, the
>  transactions do not match up.  Is there a way to correct this?  Can I use
>  the loan calculator with a single scheduled transaction.  I am attaching a
>  copy of a screen shot from the scheduled transaction editor.
>
>  Lastly, how can I manually match a transaction when downloading my
>  statement.

If you're downloading the statements, is there any reason to use the
druid? Forgive me because I don't know -- I gave up on the druid a
long time ago because it can't handle complicated cases, such as
paying extra on your principal, and of course you already have to
fiddle with the escrow when it changes, etc.

What I ended up doing was simply creating a basic scheduled
transaction (with fixed principal and interest and escrow amounts),
and when my (paper) statement comes each quarter I manually adjust the
principal and interest to match the statements.

Yeah, it's not elegant, but since we're only talking four transactions
per quarter it's not exactly burdensome.

If the druid has changed significantly since 1.8.x I apologize -- it
has been a long time since I tried it. It couldn't handle paying extra
on the principal, mainly, but as you imply, it's easiest when the
transactions match the mortgage statements.