Reconciling questions

tzakharov at charter.net tzakharov at charter.net
Fri May 23 15:14:06 EDT 2008

I'm sorry, I don't think I made myself clear.  I never tried to reconcile a future transaction.  What led you to believe I meant that?

Let me provide a little more detail.  First, I input all my transactions from Jan to present prior to doing any reconciling (this is why I'm reconciling older transactions right now). In my April statement was a transaction for $91.14.  Somehow, during the reconciliation process, this single transaction did not get marked as reconciled, even though I manually ticked the check box next to the transaction while reconciling, and even though the balances zeroed out while reconciling.  Perhaps this is because I manually ticked the box?  I'm not sure why (maybe I forgot to clear it before reconciling), but this was the ONLY transaction that did not automatically have a tick in the check box.  Anyhow, after I finished reconciling that month, I noticed the $91.14 transaction still had a "c" instead of a "y" like all the other transactions in that statement period.

In May's statement (it ended May 21, maybe this is where you got confused?), when I started to reconcile, the $91.14 transaction showed up on the first line.  After going through the May statement, again I got the balances to zero out with the correct ending balance (the starting balance was $91.14 more than my May statement because of that one transaction).  But when I finished reconciling the May statement, there was once again one transaction that was not reconciled even though it was part of the May statement and I ticked the checkbox while reconciling.  This time it was a deposit for my salary, and it happened to be the last transaction on my May statement.  Could the fact that I had the $91.14 transaction tacked on to the front of the May statement have pushed the last transaction off?

I hope this makes more sense.

Thanks.