Error trying to download transactions

David Reiser dbreiser at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 6 19:23:08 EST 2008

On Nov 6, 2008, at 5:38 PM, Marty Fix wrote:

> I am having an issue with downloading transactions that I hope someone
> could help me with.  I used the onlilne banking wizard to setup my
> account for downloading transactions.  Everything seemed to work fine,
> and I have associated an account in the account list to the list of
> accounts available in the setup window.  So retrieving the accounts
> from the server worked just fine, because the account numbers in the
> list are correct.  When I try to download the transactions with Get
> Transactions, this is what I get in the Online Banking Connection
> Window
>
> Sending jobs to the bank(s)
> Resolving hostname "ofxs.ameritrade.com" ...
> IP address is 198.200.170.20
> Sending request...
> Connecting to bank...
>
> (I say yes here to accept the certificate)
>
> Connected.
> Waiting for response...
> HTTP-Status: 400 (Bad Request)
> Network error while waiting for response
> Error parsing server response
> Postprocessing jobs
> Resetting provider queues
>
> If it matters at all, the account is with TD Ameritrade.  I have no
> issues downloading the transactions using Quicken.  Any ideas on how
> to solve this one?
>
> 		Marty

Curiously, I can successfully retrieve transactions from tdameritrade.

As it happens, succeeding at connecting won't help much because
aqbanking doesn't handle investment transactions yet. 3.8.0 even
prevents you from seeing transactions in the matcher window because
all of the transactions are in a group  <INVTRANLIST> that aqbanking
specifically ignores. The transactions still get downloaded to /tmp/
ofx.log if you have AQOFX_LOG_COMM=1 set in your environment. You then
have to import the data using File>Import>Import ofx/qfx.

Dave
--
David Reiser
dbreiser at earthlink.net