Setting up progressive tax rates

Cam Ellison cam at ellisonet.ca
Mon Oct 6 14:30:51 EDT 2008

Dima - hotmail wrote:
> thanks Derek,
> it is exactly requirements from payroll.....
> I'm just on the way of choosing the right solution that would feet my
> requirements...
> So it's seems that I have to manage several programs that could help me to
> cover the basics of SMB needs.....
> But, even I created those tables - how should I deal if the amount falls in
> between?
> The idea was to automatically compute the taxes to be withheld ...
> (currently it is being done with excel sheet - that requires a lot of
> efforts on verifying the correctness.....)

If you are in Canada (doesn't look like it from the figures you
supplied) , you can use the payroll calculator on the Revenue Canada
site.  It provides a fairly detailed printout.  If not, you might look
for some such thing on the appropriate government website.  That
requires entering twice, but at least it's accurate.

Cheers

Cam