Paying invoice using imported transaction

Marcus Wolschon Marcus at wolschon.biz
Mon Oct 27 09:36:29 EDT 2008

2008/10/22 Derek Atkins <warlord at mit.edu>:
> "Nigel Sim" <nigel.sim at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> How do I link a transaction, imported via QIF from my bank, to an
>> invoice in Accounts Receivable and thus mark the invoice as paid?
>
> You can't.  You need to do it in the other order...
>
>> I tried the "Process Payment" menu item, but that creates a new
>> transaction in the source account, meaning I then have to delete the
>> imported transaction.
> Correct.  Right now you need to "Process Payment" manually, then
> during the import you can mark the payment as a duplicate of
> the txn created via Proc. Pay.

In gnucash-editor that is part of jGnucash you can do this with
a few lines of Javascript in the HBCI-plugin (you can react to
imported transactions with scripts javascript now and >50 languages
in a few days). However there is no QIF-plugin yet.
If anyone wants such automation, feel free to write it. The scripting-part
including the script-editor is already factored out into it's own plugin,
so only the fetching and parsing of QIF-data would need to be written. ;)

Marcus