How to handle shared transactions ?

Abhinav Modi abhinavmodi+gnucash at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 00:24:30 EDT 2008

Hi,

I started using gnuCash a while back, and would like to know how best
to handle shared expenses. Basically, I would like to manage my
expenses and my wife's, in a way that allows some expenses/income to
be divided between both our incomes (Rent, household expenses, etc).

What is a good way to do this ? Should I create separate accounts, or
a single account (earlier posts seem to favour one account per legal
entity). In either case, how do I handle shared transactions
effectively ?

Thanks !
Abhinav

http://indimark.blogspot.com