Amounts in charts

Fabian Hernandez fabianhm at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 10 14:51:50 EDT 2008

gnucash-user-request at gnucash.org wrote:
Message: 2
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 11:07:18 -0700
From: "Charles Day"
Subject: Re: Amounts in charts
To: "Fabian Hernandez"
Cc: gnucash-user at gnucash.org

On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 9:30 AM, Fabian Hernandez  wrote:

> Is there a way to display amounts in charts?
>
> Right now charts are only worth for rough ideas, I would like to be able to
> see precise numbers in bar charts.

Thanks to Joachim Herb, in 2.2.6 some of the bar charts support showing a
table of data beneath them. Run a chart and then look at the options. See if
there is a "show table" option on the display tab. For example, try the
"Income & Expense Chart"

Thanks Charles, that should do for now.

But now I updated from 2.2.5 to 2.2.6 and cannot get charts with a beginning date being a random date (for example 08/16/2007 or 03/04/2008), I can only use the predefined options or 09/01/2008. As soon as I type a new date the 09/01/2008 comes back.

The last time I had chart issues it was an account issue fixed by a Check & Repair, but it does not work this time.

So far, I have tried close and open (both the chart and Gnucash) and reinstall, but no luck.

I have this issue with all the bar charts I have tested (Income, Net Worth, etc.)

Thank you