Amounts in charts

Charles Day cedayiv at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 16:07:02 EDT 2008

On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 11:51 AM, Fabian Hernandez <fabianhm at yahoo.com>wrote:

> gnucash-user-request at gnucash.org wrote:
> Message: 2
> Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 11:07:18 -0700
> From: "Charles Day"
> Subject: Re: Amounts in charts
> To: "Fabian Hernandez"
> Cc: gnucash-user at gnucash.org
>
> On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 9:30 AM, Fabian Hernandez  wrote:
>
> > Is there a way to display amounts in charts?
> >
> > Right now charts are only worth for rough ideas, I would like to be able
> > see precise numbers in bar charts.
> >

> Thanks to Joachim Herb, in 2.2.6 some of the bar charts support showing a
> table of data beneath them. Run a chart and then look at the options. See
> if
> there is a "show table" option on the display tab. For example, try the
> "Income & Expense Chart"
>
> Thanks Charles, that should do for now.
>
> But now I updated from 2.2.5 to 2.2.6 and cannot get charts with a
> beginning date being a random date (for example 08/16/2007 or 03/04/2008), I
> can only use the predefined options or 09/01/2008. As soon as I type a new
> date the 09/01/2008 comes back.
>
> The last time I had chart issues it was an account issue fixed by a Check &
> Repair, but it does not work this time.
>
> So far, I have tried close and open (both the chart and Gnucash) and
> reinstall, but no luck.
>
> I have this issue with all the bar charts I have tested (Income, Net Worth,
> etc.)

That's a bug in 2.2.6, almost exclusively reported on Windows. Linux seems
to be unaffected. Anyway, it has been fixed and will be gone in 2.2.7 (due
any day now).  In the meantime, try clicking the button next to the date get
popup the calendar. Click on a date, the press OK. That might work. If not,
you could go back to 2.2.5 or just wait for 2.2.7.

> Thank you

-Charles