Help Organizing Account Tree

Robert Jones rhpjones at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 16:11:07 EDT 2008

Cam,

Thanks for the response.  There are 11 teams in our club.  I entered two
sample transactions to see what it would be like if I just used the one
account for registration and one for uniforms.  I split each transaction and
used as a general description the team name and on the memo line of each
split the name of the Family that submitted the check (see attached file).

I'm okay with proceeding in this manner, however, I'm not sure how to
generate reports to get the information I require such as amount of
registration money received for a team.

How do you mean, "uniforms (are they paid for, or is this a refundable
deposit?"  Money for uniforms is collected separately from the team
registration fees.  Not all teams purchase new uniforms every season.  Since
we are a travel club, all teams have the same uniform.

What is an "intermediate account" and how will that allow for batch
deposits?  Batch deposits seems like it might be overkill as we usually only
have a flurry of deposits in the Fall when all teams collect registration
and uniform (if applicable) money from families.

Thanks again for the feedback.

Rob