Bug detected when trying to import from Quicken

subscribe307 at verizon.net subscribe307 at verizon.net
Sun Apr 12 13:25:05 EDT 2009

I am trying to export accounts with the QIF file export in Quicken to
GnuCash.  This works fine with most accounts but if there is a transfer
from the investment account called "bonds" then the account I am
exporting, either an investment account or checking account, gives the
error dialog "A bug was detected while reading the QIF file" when I try
to import it into GnuCash.  If I don't include the time period with the
transfer from "Treas" then the import works fine.  There is not a
problem when there are transfers from other accounts, only the "Treas"
account.  I can't see anything wrong with this account and when I export
the "Treas" account it imports GnuCash fine.  How do I isolate this
problem so that I can import all the accounts from Quicken?  The Quicken
accounts cover a number of years with many of these transfers to
maintain account balances so it is not practical to eliminate the transfers.
Thanks for your help.
Mike