Account file becomes corrupt after saving in Mac OS X

graffitici at yahoo.com graffitici at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 19 12:30:43 EDT 2009

Hi everyone,

I have been trying to get GnuCash on my Mac OS X system for a long time now. After finally getting Fink to work and compile the 300 package requirements, I was rejoiced to see the main account screen. I copied the same GnuCash account I've been using on my Linux setup, and got it to open. Everything seems to be fine up to this point, but when I try to save it (even without making any changes) and try to reopen the saved file, the start-up hangs at the "Reading File" step.

I seem to be able to create new, empty files, and save those, but I couldn't manage to start working off of my previous file. Since I have all my account structure etc.. set up there, I would really like to get it back.

Any ideas why this might be happening?

Thanks,
 Berk