About GnuCash lists

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Apr 30 12:31:13 EDT 2009

Quoting AmigaPhil <AmigaPhil at ping.be>:

>> However your mailer may notice
>> that you get two messages with the same MessageID and toss the second
>> one as a duplicate.
>
> Don't think so.  The MessageID cannot be the same when the message is
> sent from two different sources.

It is not sent from two different sources.  The original sender is
the source, they set the MessageID.  The mailman server does not
change the MessageID during processing.

Just a case in point, the Message-ID of the message I am responding to,
which did go through the mailman list processing, is:

This is CLEARLY not a MessageID created by the mailman server on
code.gnucash.org.