Enabling database backend

hasmeta at yahoo.com hasmeta at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 12 10:07:27 EDT 2009

I downloaded 2.3.3 Windows installer a few days ago and installed it on top of 2.2.8 (that is, without uninstalling the latest stable release first). When I attempt to convert the XML file to a database by using the "File | Save As..." menu item, the drop down list box on the upper left hand side shows only xml as an option and the "Database Connection" group is  disabled.

I followed the instructions in a previous post to download and install MySql 5.1 and create a database called 'gnucash', but still the same. I installed postgresql 8.4 and created something similar, but no luck. What am I seem to be missing?

By the way, if "Name" is blank when the XML option is selected, and user presses "Save As", the application crashes.

Thanks,

--Hasmet