How to do this ? (amount remaining for rest of month)

FireFly fireflys_98 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 26 16:45:40 EDT 2009

Personally,

> I'm only missing one thing: the amount remaining for the
> rest of the
> month. Let me explain:
> - All transactions on my Checking account come directly
> from my bank
> - I have to groups of recurring payments: One group at the
> start of
> the month, one group at the end of the month.
>   All of these payments are made through direct debit
> from the
> checking account, amounts are always the same.
> - Then there are the usual expenses (Groceries etc.),
> spread over the
> whole month.

I'd setup the bills as scheduled transactions, make the ones at the end of the month applied way in advance (say 31 days) and have the present and total columns shown on the main account tree, that way you can see both how much is in the account currently, and how much is in the account at the end of the day (difference between them being how much is already allocated to expenditures you already know of).

- James Duerr

E-mail: FireFlys_98 at yahoo.com
Discover a lost art - play Marbles. May 2004
www.marillion.com