Wishlist: All duplicated imported transactions in one expanded window

Doug Laidlaw laidlaws at hotkey.net.au
Thu Aug 27 11:05:21 EDT 2009

On Fri, 28 Aug 2009 12:31:57 am Doug Laidlaw wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Aug 2009 12:23:30 pm Daniel Trezub wrote:
> > When importing a QIF file over an existing account, the importer can find
> > some duplicated transactions.
<snip>
> I rather like Quicken's way, where all the imported transactions are in a
> window below the ledger page, and the transaction being seen as the match
> is highlighted.  But  there are some features of the actual matching
> process that GnuCash handles better, IMO, such as where the check number is
> the only thing in common.  In those, Quicken doesn't even try, but GnuCash
> gets it right most of the time.  I think that each user's ideal package
> would contain an individual mix of elements from them all.
>
> Doug.
The other thing that GnuCash does better is with the typical paycheck, that is
the same every week.  GnuCash offers me the current one and last week's.
Quicken starts about 4 weeks ago, then goes progressively further away, until
it reaches some limit, then becomes more reasonable.

Is there some reason why the date is not seen as defining the first choice -
perhaps some fundamental issue common to both programs?

In answer to Derek's comment, is Daniel's suggestion "better," I would repeat
what I said before; we each have our preferences.

Doug.