Workaround found - Re: No printer?

James Wilde james.wilde at sunde-wilde.com
Thu Dec 17 03:32:59 EST 2009

On Dec 17, 2009, at 00:26 , David T. wrote:

> James--
>
> I can confirm that my Mac has no printers defined as well (Leopard, using John Ralls' 2.2.9-3 dmg (I believe). However, I am confused that you are not seeing John's result. When I click the Print Preview button in Gnucash, it automatically loads the report in Apple's Preview application, and Preview is fully able to print the document.
>
> Are you sure that Preview.app is firing up?
>
> David

Well, blow me down!  Thanks, David.  Your message, following on John's (jomali) made me go back and check.  It IS Apple's Preview application that is called by Print Preview, which is not an internal GC function, and yes, I can print from Preview.  But is this the way  GC is supposed to work on a Mac?  Isn't it supposed to use the printer directly?  And why is the Print to File "printer" also missing?  Have I missed something?

//James