Workaround found - Re: No printer?

James Wilde james.wilde at sunde-wilde.com
Thu Dec 17 04:15:06 EST 2009

On Dec 16, 2009, at 19:08 , James Wilde wrote:

>> James,
>>
>> I have the same problem. To print a report, I select Print in Gnucash, then select Print Preview. When Preview comes up, I can see the document that will be printed and then print it from Preview.
>>
>> John
>>

> I found Print Preview, and I can see what would print out, but I can't, as the print button in Print Preview is grey.  Presumably because there's no printer!
>
> :(

My answer to John here was wrong.  It was the Print button in Print that was grey.  If I'd read John's input a little more carefully, and tested it, I would have seen that he in fact gave me the workaround I needed.

What do I learn from this?  That jumping to conclusions is not even good exercise.  :(

Thanks, John.

//James