GnuCash for Windows formatting bug?

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Feb 18 10:07:20 EST 2009

Hi John

John Banner <sjbanner at gmail.com> writes:

>    A week or two ago I asked about an issue that I am having and I got
> no replies at all, so I am going to try again.
>
>    I installed GnuCash for Windows off of the latest stable
> distribution (2.2.8), and I have found that anywhere that GnuCash
> displays a positive value (Zero or negative values are correct),
> GnuCash adds a "11" to the end of the number.  The "11" doesn't
> interfere with any calculations, and when I sent the data-file to a
> friend running GnuCash on a Linux box, they aren't there.  If I go in
> to edit a transaction in the register, they act like they are there
> (but with the decimal point, I expect they are getting truncated if I
> don't actually delete them).
>
>    Anyhow, they are really annoying and I would like to know how to
> get rid of them.  I have looked through the manuals and haven't found
> anything that would suggest this kind of behavior.
>
>    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated,

I didn't reply before because this is the first time I've heard about
this from anyone, and I was hoping one of the Windows devs would pipe
in.

Unfortunately I have no suggestions for you, because as I said I've
never heard about it before.  It sounds like maybe you changed some
configuration on your system?  Or maybe you have a broken locale?
If the extra digits aren't causing issues then they could just be
garbage being displayed, but why they display for you I do not know.
Did you change /any/ default settings in GnuCash?