Installing GnuCash on Mac without X11 (using MacPorts)

Martin Preuss aquamaniac at gmx.de
Mon Jan 5 01:12:44 EST 2009

Hi,

On Montag, 5. Januar 2009, Charles Day wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 3, 2009 at 11:10 AM, Dennis Muhlestein
[...]
> Perhaps you could comment, Martin? If we are trying to build aqbanking for
> an application that doesn't use X11, is it reasonable to eliminate
> cbanking, qbanking, and qt3 from the aqbanking build? Do you think this
> would this break other applications that use aqbanking, assuming they were
> also intentionally built without any dependency on X11?
[...]

It is perfectly alright to build AqBanking without X11 support. In fact, I'm
doing it myself (my application "aqbanking-cli" is a command line utility, so
it doesn't need X11).

The only drawback is that without the QT3 frontend there is no graphical setup
tool for AqBanking...

BTW: There is no GTK2 frontend since AqBanking3; The only application using it
was grisbi and since collaboration with the grisbi developers wasn't that
fruitfull I dropped it. Gnucash has it's own frontend so it isn't effected.

Regards
Martin

--
"Things are only impossible until they're not"

Martin Preuss - http://www2.aquamaniac.de/
AqBanking - http://www.aqbanking.de/
LibChipcard - http://www.libchipcard.de/