Dealing with overpayments and credits

Robert G Palmer Jr robertpalmerjr at mac.com
Thu Jan 8 20:56:00 EST 2009

Option #1 is NOT good because it requires reposting AND the credit
does NOT appear on the customer report.

I currently just made up an income account "credits" and make a
payment using that account

I figured out how to manually make an entry in the A/R account and
'credit' is even a valid action type, the register balances look
right, but the credit doesn't appear on the customer report :(

so Option #2 would be best - is it possible?

Robert