Gnucash 2.2.7. Reports do not work

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Jan 16 16:26:55 EST 2009

Hi,

Quoting Graham P Davis <hacker at scarlet-jade.com>:

> For info, I'm running on OpenSUSE 11.1, KDE 3.5.
>
> These are the problems I'm having with the reports. Note that just because
> there's only three problems doesn't imply other reports are working - these
> are the only ones I've tried.
>
> (1) Budget report: All this does is to display the message: "This report
> requires you to specify certain report options." Needless to say, it
> matters not a jot as to how many or what options I specify - I still get
> the same answer.

Have you created a budget?  This report requires you to have one.

> (2) Tax Report: This displays my tax report for "Period from 2006-Sep-01 to
> 2006-Dec-31" regardless of what period I specify.

How are you specifying the period?

> (3) Cash Flow: If I use the default values, I get a decent report - and the
> period matches what I asked for. The only trouble is that some accounts
> aren't included. If I add more accounts I get more trouble until if I select
> all accounts the report tells me my total income for the year was £0.00 and
> the Expenditure was also £0.00. At least I have a balanced budget.

This is a mis-understanding on your part of how the Cash Flow report works.
Read the archives for my previous full-length explanations, but in short
the report draws circle around the set of accounts that you specify and
only calculates numbers for transactions that cross the line.  When you
select all accounts then nothing crosses the line.