Installing GnuCash on Mac without X11 (using MacPorts)

Martin Preuss aquamaniac at gmx.de
Tue Jan 20 17:48:34 EST 2009

Hi,

On Dienstag, 20. Januar 2009, Charles Day wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 4, 2009 at 10:12 PM, Martin Preuss <aquamaniac at gmx.de> wrote:
[...]
> -Can I safely eliminate the "g2banking" front end in all cases? This
> doesn't exist any more, right?
>
> -Is qbanking the only front end that depends on X11?
[...]

qbanking is the only backend - period. The g2-backend is gone (because GnuCash
didn't use it anyway and the developers of the application it was written for
seem to have lost interest), and the KDE backend is no longer used either
(KDE apps use the more generic QT-frontent).

[...]
> -What is the "fbanking" front end? I see it in the src tree but it isn't
> described in the README. Does it need X11 or Qt?
[...]

That code uses the FOX Toolkit as GUI. You can safely ignore this frontend, I
started developing it within AqBanking but continued working on it inside my
latest project. So sooner or later this code will also disappear from the
AqBanking package.

As someone else already wrote: The QT frontend is only needed for the online
banking setup wizard (and the matching debugger) when working with GnuCash,
so once online banking works for you you no longer need it (well, at least as
long as the online banking settings do not require changes).

Regards
Martin

--
"Things are only impossible until they're not"

Martin Preuss - http://www2.aquamaniac.de/
AqBanking - http://www.aqbanking.de/
LibChipcard - http://www.libchipcard.de/