only works as default language (login/logout)

Uwe Brauer oub at mat.ucm.es
Fri Jan 23 08:53:08 EST 2009

   >> Uwe Brauer

   > Derek mentioned that you need to generate the locales you want to
   > use, but I gather the process in Ubuntu is slightly different from
   > some other distros. As a monoglot this doesn't come up for me ;-)
   > so I did a Google search and found this tip:
   > ttp://tlug.dnho.net/?q=node/237

   > Basically, open the /var/lib/locales/supported.d/local file and add
   > whichever locales you need, one per line. If you need a hint for
   > valid locales, they're listed in /usr/share/i18n/SUPPORTED

   > Once you have added the locales you need to the
   > /var/lib/locales/supported.d/local file, you execute this command
   > in a terminal to generate them:

I did this they are generated, but
env LANG=de_DE.UTF-8 gnucash

Does not start in english
and

env LANG=de gnucash

Gives 14:49:37  WARN <Gtk> Locale not supported by C library.

And gnucash does not start in german neither.

My issue is that the only way to change the language in gnucash is,

    -  enter the controlcenter change the default language

    -  logout/login

    -  start gnucash

The command line idea with env does not work, with the exception of
english.

Uwe Brauer