only works as default language (login/logout)

Frank H. Ellenberger f.ellenberger at online.de
Fri Jan 23 10:17:59 EST 2009

Hello again,

Am Friday 23 January 2009 15:02:10 schrieb Uwe Brauer:

> Wait what precisely is the command you are typing ?

Using bash, I say:
LANG=es_ES LANGUAGE=de_DE gnucash --nofile

Other shells may use different forms, though the question remains:
How to set environment variables temporary in *your* shell?

man <myshell>
should answer this or google.

The above form sets the environment only for the current command/line.
On the next line you are back in your defazult environment.

:
> Definitely could you please provide me with a link.

en:
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/FAQ#Questions_about_GnuCash_Localization_.28L10n.29_and_Internationalization_.28I18n.29

de:
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/De/Konfiguration#GnuCash_und_die_richtigen_Sprachen__und_W.C3.A4hrungen