only works as default language (login/logout)

Uwe Brauer oub at mat.ucm.es
Fri Jan 23 10:38:08 EST 2009

   > Hello again,
   > Am Friday 23 January 2009 15:02:10 schrieb Uwe Brauer:

   >> Wait what precisely is the command you are typing ?

   > Using bash, I say:
   > LANG=es_ES LANGUAGE=de_DE gnucash --nofile

I switched to batch
and for me gnucash starts in *english*

   > Other shells may use different forms, though the question remains:
   > How to set environment variables temporary in *your* shell?

I use tcsh

So it should be

 env LANG=es_ES LANGUAGE=de_DE gnucash --nofile

But again this does not wrk

   > man <myshell>
   > should answer this or google.

   > The above form sets the environment only for the current command/line.
   > On the next line you are back in your defazult environment.

That might be the case but please note the message I obtain:

nc.bin-Message: main: binreloc relocation support was disabled at configure time.

* 16:37:07  WARN <Gtk> Locale not supported by C library.

So it seems to be that gnucash was compiled such that Locale is not
supported in the C lib and that is may be why the local switch does not
work?

   > :
   >> Definitely could you please provide me with a link.

thanks

Uwe