Problems selecting text and cutting and pasting

Lenore Horner LenoreHorner at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jan 26 17:37:09 EST 2009

I also see this in Gnucash.  I can occasionally double click things.
It appears that the command key is not being noticed because cmd-c
results in highlighted text being replaced by c.

Gnucash using X11 on the same computer actually ignores double clicks
on the trackpad, but will accept them from the mouse.  This makes me
wonder if there is an underlying oddity in the interaction of Gnucash
and the MacOS that the Aqua version is simply making worse (rather
than creating).

I'm not clear whether this is a Macports issue or a Gnucash issue, so
I don't know where to file a ticket.

Lenore

On Jan 23, 2009, at 7:26 PM, Poggione Pete wrote:

> Yes, I see that exactly. Also double clicking on a word will not
> select it. Is there anything to be done about it? Did I FUBAR the
> install in a way that did not generate an error? Is something missing?
> It was not this way when I ran it under X11. This just started after a
> reinstall of Macports and then installing gnucash with the variants I
> mentioned earlier.
>
> Pete
>
> On Jan 22, 2009, at 9:06 PM, mybuyer at roadrunner.com wrote:
>
>> I see this. Control-x cuts and control-c may cut, but control-v does
>> not paste. The pasteboard is not shared with the rest of the OS.
>>
>> -Paul
>>
>> On Jan 22, 2009, at 5:33 PM, Poggione Pete wrote:
>>
>>> I just installed gnucash 2.2.8 via MacPorts on my macbook. I
>>> installed
>>> it to run with gtk2+quartz. The application "runs" fine. It opens, I
>>> can do everything except use the mouse to select text, and I can't
>>> cut
>>> and paster via menus, command keys or anything either. I can select
>>> records with the mouse and tab through fields, select items from
>>> drop-
>>> downs. I can enter text in a field and move around a field using
>>> arrow