Multiple accounts with same number at the same bank.

David Reiser dbreiser at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 9 12:16:30 EDT 2009

On Jun 9, 2009, at 11:42 AM, Amandeep Waraich wrote:

> Hi,
>  I am a new gnucash user. Quicken is the last thing that I need
> Windows
> for, and I am trying to get rid of it. However, I am having some
> issues.
>  I have a bank at which I hold 5 bank accounts:
>
> * Savings
> * Checking
> * Home Equity Loan
> * Mortgage
> * Credit Card
>
>  The first 3 (savings, checking and home equity) all have the same
> account
> number, let's say X. I have created 3 different accounts in gnucash
> and
> linked it to different accounts in AqBanking setup. When I go into
> each of
> these accounts and retrieve the transactions, it retrieves the correct
> transactions based on which account I am in. However, it always
> stuffs all
> of the downloaded transactions into the Home Equity Loan account.
>  So, when it starts, it knows which gnucash account links to which
> online
> account, but somewhere along the line, it mixes things up.
>  I tried searching the mailing list and Google, without any results.
>  Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
> Aman

If the retrieval works correctly, that suggests that aqbanking is
doing the right query, but gnucash is confusing the target account for
the three.

When you use the aqbanking setup wizard, when you get to the last
screen, are the 3 ofx accounts linked to separate gnucash accounts?
(The dialog titled "Initial Online Banking Setup" with the larger
title in the window "Match Online Banking accounts with GnuCash
accounts")

If they are pointing to the right accounts, what does the aqbanking
account wizard say their respective account name and numbers are? I'm
really fishing here -- if aqbanking keeps track internally properly,
but is exporting some identification that gnucash is truncating to be
the same for 3 accounts, then someone will have to look at that
section of gnucash code. But it's possible that you have three
separate aqbanking entities pointing at the same gnucash account.

Dave
--
David Reiser
dbreiser at earthlink.net