problem opening account in Windows Vista

Kathy and Ted Aston teka at freeuk.com
Wed Jun 24 09:07:55 EDT 2009

I'm using GNUcash 2.2.9 and windows Vista Home Premium with all updates

This problem start a month or so ago after using GNUcash for 10 months with no problems

 GNUcash starts and displays the list of accounts. I can select any account with the mouse but clicking mouse or click on the open icon doesn't appear to do anything. If I minimise the screen and then restore it the opened account appears

I have uninstalled and reinstalled GNUcash - no change

I  have copied the data files to another computer running XP and GNUcash 2.2.9 opens the files OK

Suggestions please