Supplier Credit Question

Des Dougan des at douganconsulting.com
Sun Jun 28 17:27:22 EDT 2009

I have entered a credit for returned equipment in the Payables
register, with my Expenses:Computer Hardware account as the transfer
account. So far so good; however, if I now go to pay another invoice
from the same supplier, in this case I don't want to actually transfer
funds from my chequing account, as there is enough in the credit at
the vendor to meet the outstanding bill - so how should I deal with
this situation? Should I set up an asset account for the vendor credit
and draw it down? What would happen if some was coming from there but
the remainder from chequing?

Thanks for any ideas!

Regards,

Des
--

Des Dougan
Principal

Office:		604-628-5434
Cell:   	604-866-2848
Email:  	des at DouganConsulting dot com

         www.DouganConsulting.com

Peace of Mind, One Computer at a Time.