account/xfer assignment upon OFX import?

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Jun 30 11:09:31 EDT 2009

Quoting Brian Reichert <reichert at numachi.com>:

> On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 09:59:22AM -0400, Derek Atkins wrote:
>> I'm afraid that there is no rule-based mapping where you could
>> import this kind of rule.
>>
>> However, all is not lost.  Turn on bayesian matching.  Then it will
>> learn from previous assignments and apply those mappings to future
>> imports.
>
> So - you're suggesting I pre-process the OFX records before importing
> them?  That sounds reasonable.

No, I'm suggesting you import a small batch, manually assign them,
and then future imports will learn from previous imports.  But you
have to turn on Bayesian matching first.

> A new question: how do I encode transfers to other accounts via
> OFX?  Can I also describe split transactions?  Examples of the above
> anywhere?

I don't know the answer to the first question.  For the second the answer
is You Can't.  OFX doesn't support split transactions.