Change text on accounts created

hendrik at topoi.pooq.com hendrik at topoi.pooq.com
Sat Mar 7 21:17:15 EST 2009

On Sat, Mar 07, 2009 at 04:43:38PM -0800, Des Dougan wrote:
> Elizabeth,
> On 7 Mar 2009, at 16:29, Elizabeth Dodd wrote:
>

> > Once I had instructions on "which bank account to put the deposit
> > in" instead
> > of "Thankyou for your patronage" on the bottom of the accounts
> > Did I alter something in the program or was this a menu item?
> > I can't find it now.
> > All assistance gratefully received
> >

> It's one of the options on the invoice - Open an invoice report,
> select Options, then the Text tab.

For mystified North Americans, who might be wondering why you'd want
such a message on an invoice:

In Europe it's pretty common to put your bank account information on
your letterhead, even.  If anyone wants to send you money, they tell
their bank to put in your account in your bank, and then your bank sends
you a note telling you that has been done, usually with a copy (or
original) of your iriginal request, so you can pass a short message this
way, too (such as what the payment is for).

It's the usual way to send money to someone, and is more secure than
cheques.  These things don't bounce.  If they make it to your creditor,
the money is already there.

-- hendrik