Imported invoices and other problems...

Elizabeth Dodd edodd at billiau.net
Sat May 2 19:07:16 EDT 2009

On Sat, 2 May 2009, defaria wrote:
> If that was indeed true then why wouldn't they be very responsible to me?
> So far there is only one person saying something different, hardly evidence
> of "a significant portion of the user base". Sounds like the "hundreds of
> buttons" fallacy brought up here just a little while ago. Truth be told, so
> far it's one person for and one against.
> --

Perhaps you need to consider that importing is not an everyday occurrence for
any individual. Once its complete it can be forgotten about.

I can't recall how many years ago I switched from Quicken, but that is how
long ago I had any dealings with the import mechanism.

So everyday we need things sorted out like why there are start up troubles on
Mac, because everyday that is happening to the Mac users. (I'm not one).

But almost by definition, import hits new users, least experienced users.
And since the developers expanded to Windows we have seen people who are very
new to the concepts of open source software and the manner in which it is
built.

Would a link to the writings of Stallman and Raymond at the top of the wiki
help some understand that the philosophy is different for this program
compared to those which Windows users are more used to having?