Imported invoices and other problems...

Ron Senykoff rsenykoff at gmail.com
Sun May 3 14:12:09 EDT 2009

On Sun, May 3, 2009 at 3:08 AM, defaria <Andrew at defaria.com> wrote:
>Why are we arguing this?!?

Arguments do not have to include shouting, personal insults, etc.
(both of which you have been doing) They can be academic in nature and
lead to a useful conclusion. However, you have been unwilling to
entertain any other possible outcome than to say that you are right,
and everyone else is wrong. Doesn't it seem odd to you that you are
getting so much resistance? We don't mind helping people out, but the
fact that you assume that you are correct in how it "should" behave
(given that you are completely new to the system) is extremely
arrogant. Especially when it had to be pointed out to you what
double-entry bookkeeping is...

> I'm simply saying if you can determine that there are invoice transactions -
> and you can - and you know that you don't handle invoice transactions, then
> don't import them!

It's up to _you_ of whether or not you want to import them. Read the
link I sent you. I was trying to provide you with a solution, but you
seem more interested in arguing this to attrition. The article walks
you through step by step the process of mapping your accounts and
transactions while you import. You should be able to get to where you
want to be, by following this process, _if_ you are willing to spend
the time to try...

> Geeze this is needlessly painful!

Good, because you're irritating a lot of other people in the process.
I venture to guess this is not the first mailing list where you have
participated in lengthy arguments with other members. Think about
that. This is not normal behavior. I participate in about 15 varioius
lists at different levels, and only once before have I come across
someone like you (it stands out you see). Maybe you should save
yourself the stress and simply go back to using Quicken. Run it under
Wine. I understand it runs very well under Wine and since you already
have a license this is a free solution for you. Seriously.

http://appdb.winehq.org/appview.php?iAppId=107

-Ron