imported quicken 2007, strange large window behavior

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue May 19 14:23:42 EDT 2009

Hi,

Erik Felthauser <efelthauser at gmail.com> writes:

> Ubuntu 9.04, latest updates.
> GnuCash 2.2.6
> quicken 2007 qif (from WinXP)
>
> The window is too large for the screen and anywhere I click, the
> window moves, showing the left half, then the right half of window
> with another click.

Define "too large"?
GnuCash requires a display of at least 1024x768.  Is your screen
smaller than that?

> No errors reported during qif import.
>
> In the accounts page there is an unlabeled column that is very long,
> which I believe is the cause. I can't adjust its width, and I can't
> deselect the column from the column list because it doesn't appear in
> the list. I tried making a new blank file, and it does not have this
> problem, so it is an issue with the imported file.
>
> Any idea how i can get rid of the column?

Try changing the name of your file and reopening under the new name?

* Exit GnuCash
* mv <oldname> <newname>
* Start GnuCash with the new file:
  gnucash <newname>