gnucash-2.3 + sql backend

Phil Longstaff plongstaff at rogers.com
Mon May 25 17:36:31 EDT 2009

Hi Klaus,

thanks for reporting these.

On May 25, 2009 09:48:52 am Klaus Dahlke wrote:
> Hi,
> I'd like to test gnucash-2.3, in particular the sql backend (with
> Postgres). I reading some older post I figured out to use --enable-dbi to
> build the proper backend functionality.
>
> gnucash-2.3.0 compiled fine (gentoo, amd64).
>
> a) sqlite3 works out of the box. But reading seems a bit slow (the file is
> ~ 7MB)
>
> b) With mysql some messages are displayed during creation of the database:

I'm aware of the problems with mysql and they should be fixed with 2.3.1.  I
hadn't thought of modifying the password box so that it wasn't clear text.
I'll do that as well.

> c) When trying to save to a postgres database the following error comes up:
>
> Can't parse the URL postgres://localhost:dbname:user:.

Is the password blank (in otherwords, you enter a host="localhost",
db="dbname" and user="user" but leave the password field empty)?

Phil