Karmic GC 2.3.7 build fails during "make"

rmisk aretae at magma.ca
Sun Nov 1 18:49:32 EST 2009

It appears I don't have some library installed.  I tried compiling on one
machine (both Karmic) and sudo make install on the other.  Still didn't
work.  Problem is somehow related to "stf-parse".  Are there some related
libraries I should check and if they are missing how would I determine what
package needs to be loaded?