LIBOFX FILES

Jerry BearJerCares at comcast.net
Sun Nov 22 15:18:04 EST 2009

While using GunCash in Windows 2000, I had to go into the libofx-3.dll
file with a hexadecimal editor and change the APPID to 1800 to get my
National City transactions to download automatically from my bank.   I
was able to derive this information somewhere on the web (I forgot
where) and it worked for me.

Now, I'm apparently having the same type of problem with GnuCash 2.2.9
running on Kubuntu 9.10.   So, my question is:   How do I get to the
proper file to change the APPID within my Kubuntu Linux system?  Do I
also have to use a hexadecimal editor, the command line or what?   I saw
several files with the libofx designation, but when I opened them up, I
could not spot the APPID so far.  It's too bad this documentation is not
better covered by the GnuCash programmers.   I think that's why some
people just give up because they have to search far and wide for answers.

Thanks, if anyone can assist.   --Jerry