Only January in GC after move from Linux to Mac

James Wilde james.wilde at sunde-wilde.com
Wed Nov 25 10:30:18 EST 2009

On Nov 25, 2009, at 16:08 , Maf. King wrote:

> Hi James,
>
> Cool, glad you didn't lose a year's worth of data.

Actually, this is more or less my personal finances, so it wouldn't have been a big deal to start again, but better not to, of course.

> The .xac files are created automatically each time you do a Save of the main
> data file.  The log files are "diffs" between the two data files.  (Log
> replay can apparently be a real PITA, although I don't think I've ever needed
> it.)
> There is an option somewhere in preferences about how long (in days) to keep
> the .xac and .log files.
>
> Maf.

So a .xac file is a saved copy of the file that I call Accounts.  The question then arises why Accounts just had my January data and not all of that.  I assume that, if I save my Accounts file every time I close the program, then Accounts and the latest .xac file will be identical?

As I say, time for me to rtfm!

Thanks again.

//James