Aqbanking alternative

Martin Preuss aquamaniac at gmx.de
Sat Nov 28 12:19:34 EST 2009

Hi,

as David Reiser wrote at least a few times there are problems with OFX Direct
Connect which I as AqBanking developer can't influence.

The OFX DirectConnect protocol knows some variables which must be set
appropriately for the connection to succeed. However, the banks don't publish
this vital information to the general public, as it seems. Only Intuit seems
to get the information needed...

Those variables  are e.g. APPID, APPVER, uses OFX header version and some
more...

Add to that the fact that some banks now added a special login extension for
which details are hard to come by (if at all)...

So until the banks drop their obfuscation policy and publish the information
needed for third-parties (i.e. all non-Intuit developers) there isn't much we
can do besides trial-and-error...

Unfortunately, given the experience some of us had with US banks I don't think
changes in their policy can be expected in the near future...

Regards
Martin