Failure to balance with multiple currencies

John M Collins jmc at xisl.com
Mon Oct 19 05:15:00 EDT 2009

I had this problem a year ago with GNUcash and Derek Atkins gave me a
patch to "commodity-utilities.scm" but it doesn't seem to have been
fixed in 2.2.9 or in 2.3.6. I hesitate to put that module into the newer
versions.

I have our set of accounts mostly in GBP but with some invoices and A/R
in USD and a very small amount in Euros.

When we get a USD or Euro payment I've put the payment in and done a
transfer in whatever amount of GBP the bank gave us.

But it's made the trial balance go adrift by a significant amount.

Please can someone advise how to sort this out as we are doing accounts
for the last financial year (which ended on 30th September) and the
accountant is making a lot of rude noises!

I'll send our GNUcash file if required.

Thanks.

John Collins jmc at xisl.com Skype: toadwarbler

xisoftware
Xi Software Ltd www.xisl.com

Tel: +44 (0)1707 886110 (Direct) +44 (0)7799 113162 (Mobile)

Registered in England & Wales Company Number 1977148 VAT: GB 403 9239 64

Trading Address: 3 Mandeville Rise, Welwyn Garden City, Herts, AL8 7JT, UK
Reg Office: 2 Mill Road, Haverhill, Suffolk, CB9 8BD, UK