Trouble Loading Finance::Quote

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 8 17:14:27 EDT 2010

You know, it might not be that difficult to create a wraparound batch file (assuming that you are on Windows) that does what is mentioned in the Concepts document. Using a text editor, just put the command on the first line, and the appropriate Gnucash command on the next, and use this batch file to run Gnucash. Unfortunately, I no longer do Windows, so I can't try it out on Windows and give the exact commands, but I suspect others could.

It will have something like:

/Path/To/Gnucash/gnucash --add-price-quotes $HOME/gnucash-filename
/Path/To/Gnucash/gnucash

You might even get fancy and do:

/Path/To/Gnucash/gnucash --add-price-quotes $HOME/$1
/Path/To/Gnucash/gnucash

and then create a shortcut that passed your file as a parameter. That way, you could have more than one Gnucash file and update it with different desktop icons. {keep in mind that you need to set the appropriate paths; that's the part I can't help you with}

As for that review, I have sent a comment to them to ask that they correct the inaccuracy. I will also see whether I can come up with clearer language for the online docs.

David