I need help

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at mtdata.com
Fri Apr 9 08:20:40 EDT 2010

>Yes, the secret is to enter the split for the current account FIRST.
>Generally, if you're working from your asset account, that would be the
>total.

More generally (the "current account" might not even be involved in the
transaction).

I find the easiest way to do the split (a one way split) is to enter
from whatever account will have the largest amount, the amount being
split among several accounts on the other side of the transaction. When
you get that amount showing (on the other side) specify the first of the
accounts on the split side and change the amount to what goes for that
account and enter. Will now show the remaining amount as unbalanced,
respecify that to the next account of the split, change the amount to
whatever goes into that account, repeat till the last time you just
specify the account as the amount will be right.

Michael

PS -- I have not yet had a reason to try a transaction split on both
sides, don't even know if possible using this software.

--
There is no possibility of social justice on a dead planet except the equality of the grave.