Custom vs Development?

Hubert Bahr hab at hbahr.org
Mon Apr 19 19:45:04 EDT 2010

I am using Gnucash to track my Churches Income and Expenses.  In doing
so I have developed a wishlist of things I would like it to do.  I have
the skill to make the mod's myself, but since I am just starting to
familiarize myself with the code tree, I am sure some of you could warn
me of pitfalls. Some appears could be accomplished with guile scripts,
while other's will require code mods.  I would appreciate your insight.

Check printing along the lines of Quickbook's Voucher Checks  (probably
requires added fields).

Budget report that has a single column annual budget, and provides
current month, year to date, and balance remaining columns for the
previous month.  (To date it insists on using current date only).

Donation transaction that doesen't require entering the amount twice.
Might also be useful for cash transactions in a small business.  Need to
also have a report dates and of amounts of each donation by  the donor
with page breaks between donors.  Provide twice annually.

Billing and Payment as one transaction, again not requiring double entry.

Check register report for previous month.  Right now I use year to date
import to spread sheet and manually delete earlier months.  Still want
balance carried forward from the deleted months.

Thanks
Hubert