Gnucash preferences not being stored/read

Mark Jones authentic8 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 07:21:35 EDT 2010

Hi.

I have a problem with Gnucash for Windows 2.2.9 - remembering any of my
preferences (e.g. recently used files, tips window, new accounts list
set up window etc.). I understand that these settings are stored under
C:\Documents and Settings\<User>\.gconf\ . I can see the folder and the
settings relevant to Gnucash in it but Gnucash does not appear to be
reading this. If I delete the \.gconf folder I find that it does not
make any difference - it is not re-created at application start up time,
nor if I change any settings from the preferences dialogue box or even
if I uninstall/re-install Gnucash again after deleting the folder.

Is this folder definitely where Gnucash stores preferences? When does
Gnucash normally create this folder? How would I get Gnucash to remember
my preferences again?

Many thanks.
Mark