Switching from MS Money to GnuCash and merging Datbases

Henderson, Heath heath_henderson at leroy.k12.il.us
Mon Aug 9 17:27:23 EDT 2010

I am in the middle os switching our School Seceratary over from a broken version of MS Money 2007 to GnuCash.

The switch will work fine, but they used to keep two databases in Money (one for Athletics and one for the General High School Fund).

Within each are sub accounts but the bottom dollar amount is the key.  When everything is said and done, the dollar amount for Athletics has to pertain to Athletics and the balance dollar amount for High School has to pertain to High School.

Is there a way to flag each account with a category in GnuCash which will allow us to maintain both of these Funds in the same Datbase file or do I need to maintain them in separate db files still?

Thanks