Recording a stock Rights Issue

Steve_UK sjmart1uk at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Aug 19 17:25:33 EDT 2010

Some Background:
I have a detailed GnuCase account set-up whereby there is a parent account
for my portfolio, and then a sub-account for each stock (I guess this is
normal).  So Buys / Sells are transfers from the "Cash" account associated
with the portfolio to the stock account with the same portfolio (the
"Exchange Rate" reflecting the stock price).

Likewise, dividends come from an "Income" type account, with a sub-account
for each stock.

Ok, with the above, how would I record a rights issue ?
This has resulted in additional shares being allocated along with a cash
deposit to the "cash" account.

Many thanks for any views.