Recording a stock Rights Issue

Paul Schwartz pmjs1115 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 23 13:18:47 EDT 2010

There are a couple of options: sort of depends on what your "accountant"
recommends [if you have one]. You could enter the cash as a dividend payment
[i.e., income] or put it in as a return of principal and reduce the basis for
the shares. I don't know what the standards are in the UK, but I usually put it
in as a dividend.

HTH

Paul