OFX skipping transactions

Tim Richardson tim at tim-richardson.net
Sat Dec 11 17:52:33 EST 2010

I'm trying OFX imports for the first time, since my bank now supports
this format. Previously I was using QIF. The main attraction is the
bayesian matching.
It's 2.2.9 on Debian. libofx is v 0.9.0

However, many transactions are being skipped. They do not appear at all
in the transaction matching screen.
I see the missing transactions in the log file: they get a "D" in
whatever the first column of the log file. This happens for a second (or
later) import.

Here is a way I can reproduce the problem. Bayesian is "on", but turning
it off makes no difference.

1) Start a new gnucash set of books with a bank account.
2) Export two months of bank transactions in two separate files
3) import the first month: all transactions are entered. I let them post
to unmatched.
4) import the second month. Many transactions are missing from the
transaction matching screen.

but now:
5) create another new set of  books.
6) this time, import the second month first. All transactions appear.
Import them.
7) next, import the first month: this time, it has lots of missing
transactions.

Attached:
1) the log file after step 3 (test1_importApril.log)
2) the file file after step 4. The transactions with "D" at the start of
the log file were not presented to me in the import matcher, and not
imported (test1_importMay.log)
3) the two ofx files
4) the file after step 6. test2_importMayFirst.log
5) the file after step 7. test2_importArprileSecond.log (sorry about
Arprile!) which shows transactions not importing

I guess duplicate transactions are being detected for some reason.

regards
Tim