Tracking Money in Savings Account

Mike Leone turgon at mike-leone.com
Fri Dec 17 12:00:35 EST 2010

On 12/17/2010 11:37 AM, Wayne Bird wrote:

> Derek,
>
> So, since you don't use the budget feature, are you using GnuCash to just track your finances, i.e., just to know where you money goes?

I'm not Derek, but I don't use the budgeting feature either. I do track
my finances, and for some early expenses (see below).

> Would you use subaccounts for yearly expenses, i.e., tax payments, insurance payments, and allocate some of your weekly paycheck into those subaccounts, so when the time comes you know you have enough to pay?

I do use subsccounts, and do allocate portions of my weekly paycheck,
for exactly those reasons. In fact, my annual real estate bill comes due
after the beginning of the year, so I'll be paying it in 3 weeks, from
the subaccount I set up for it.