PRINTING THE REGISTER!!!

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Wed Feb 3 12:53:10 EST 2010

On Wednesday 03 February 2010 13:31:07 DOMINIC & TOMASINA MILANO wrote:
> TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN:
>

> I have tried, for the last FIVE days, to figure out how to PRINT MY
> COMPLETED REGISTER so that I may compare to my checking statement. I have
> sent two emails to the "Document Producers" receiving NO ANSWER from the
> "DOCUMENT PRODUCERS." One would THINK that if you "produced" the software,
> you should know the answers to questions, but apparently NOT!!!. I have
> been on the FAQ only to be MORE CONFUSED!!!! I would like to proceed with
> my statement, but cannot proceed forward because I cannot figure out how to
> print the %@*)(@%*)@#* register. Hopefully, someone from this email address
> will answer my question. This software is NOT user friendly. I am very
> SORRY I purchased this software. That's what you get when you try to buy
> something cheap - CHEAP Software!!!

Hello,

Welcome to the mailing list.  Hopefully we can help you become more familiar
with the software.

I'm not sure who the "Document Producers" you speak of are, but several of the
key Gnucash developers are active participants on this mailing list, as well
as many users of Gnucash, and even one or two accounting professionals.  Any
question you have will likely get a response from this list, even if it is
a "sorry, can't be done" answer.

To print a complete register, you have to first create a register report, and
print that.

To compare the Gnucash register with your bank statement is a process
called "reconciling" which is covered in some depth in the docs and FAQ
available at www.gnucash.org  - you don't even have to print anything to do
what you want!

IMHO, most accounting software has plenty of jargon and "odd" concepts, which
take a bit of getting used to, but all I can say is look at the message which
arrived on the list 30 seconds after yours.  Not everyone shares your
opinion, which you are of course welcome to hold.

I got what I paid for when I obtained GC for no direct financial cost.  But
don't forget, FREE isn't exclusively financial freedom, and IMHO, Gnucash
certainly isn't cheap.

Good Luck,
Maf.